Blog Motto

Blog Motto

Monday, February 29, 2016

Urgent Need: Two Major Prayer Requests : Quesenberry and Gill Families | Reece's Rainbow

My heart has just been broken this week by two events in the adoption world. 


First: The Quesenberry family, who was enjoying this trip to go and pick up their two new sons, had posted a video of the two boys and their new father. One of the boys was just having a blast dancing around to a song with his new father, while the other enjoyed from afar. I thought, "How great that they are enjoying so much knowing the love of a father!" Then comes the devastating blow, such unexpected, socking news. While they were still in country, picking up their new sons, the father passed away overnight in the hotel room. They have children at home, and the mother is having to deal with this while adjusting to the new boys, and being in another country. I am overwhelmed for her, just thinking about it. Please consider giving to help their family in this time of need. This link will take you to their YouCaring fund.  Also, please pray for all the children and the wife in this unimaginable situation.

Secondly: Please pray for the Gill family. They just lost their 3 year old daughter, who they adopted just 6.5 months ago. She had difficulties eating, and she choked on some food and was life flighted to the hospital, where she was on life support. Unfortunately, brain scans showed no activity and they had to let her go early this morning. I have been following this little girl's story since 2014, and I was head over heels for her, and often times longed for her to be mine. She was at a fabulous foster home/orphanage in China that I follow on Facebook. I still remember the first picture I saw of her, and I will post it below. She was such a sweet and spunky little girl who ALWAYS put a smile on my face with every picture and video. My heart broke with the news of her situation and again when I heard she had passed away. I can't imagine the feelings and emotions going through her momma and baba's head and heart right now. Please pray for them, and give at this link, if you so feel lead to do so.  Now I will share some of my favorite pictures of sweet little Annabel that I went back and gathered together.

The first picture I saw of Annabel. <3
Little bitty frail Annabel when she came to the foster home/orphanage.
Pure Joy
Such a ham, always making me laugh in every picture/video.
So full of spunk.
The smile that will just melt your heart.
On her 3rd birthday, just before getting adopted. 


At Home 

1 comment: