Blog Motto

Blog Motto

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Reece's Rainbow Reunion 2016

Last year, I was GREEN with envy over everyone getting to attend the annual reunion of children adopted with the help of Reece's Rainbow. Now, that's a funny play on words, because of some shady green water that got everyone sick and in turned helped me be thankful I couldn't go. However, this year, I was finally able to make it!! (and yes the water was a lovely blue hue.) I was so excited to be able to meet some of the people I had been following on Facebook for some time now! I was excited to have a vacation! I was excited to go camping! I was excited to meet some of the most interesting adults ever, and the cutest kids ever! I was geared up and rearing to go! Then I was not sure I would be able to go, and then I got offered some help in exchange for being the photographer for the week. I was so excited! Then to top it off, my husband decided he would come too! It was a fun week full of new adventure. My only complaint is that it went by way to quickly and I didn't get nearly as much time with everyone as I wanted! It did my heart good to see a few of the kiddos, whom I had longed to adopt but wasn't able to, be with their new families and to see them doing so well! It was good for myself and my husband to hear all the stories about the ups and downs of adoption, in preparations and hopes of adopting ourselves in the future. Mostly, it was good for my husband to be around the kiddos and get a little "baby" fever...or adoption fever maybe. Haha. Anyway, we made a lot of new friends, and I have a feeling that we'll be friends for a long time to come. This vacation is a little bit of a splurge for myself and for all of the families there, but it's so important to have that support and fellowship for them! I want to encourage all of the Reece's Rainbow families to make the effort to start planning on coming next year! It is a great time with fantastic company! Okay, enough talking...I don't know how I will pick my favorite pictures from the week, but I sure will try:















No comments:

Post a Comment