Blog Motto

Blog Motto

Monday, March 21, 2016

Why I am in 2 Different Socks Today!


Today I am in two different socks
To some of you it will be no shock
It really is symbolic, you see
of only a slight difference between you and me.

Some have 3 strands of the 21st chromosome
Some drive nice cars and live in a really nice home
Some are big and some are small
But sure enough, God loves us all!

Sure, some look and learn differently
But there's way more similarity
You see my two socks appear to be different, like a mismatched pair
But they're both still socks and keep my feet warm, so I don't care

So in honor of 3/21 - World Down Syndrome Day
I am simply here to say,
Everyone is different in their own little way.
So that's why I am in 2 different socks today.

Down Syndrome Rocks
and so do my socks!

-Shelby Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment